Why use a Seniors Real Estate Specialist?
Whether you think Bette Davis or Henry Louis Mencken said it first, there’s no doubt that quote is a hard-hitting reminder of how challenging it can be to get older. The good news is that when it comes to determining your best options for housing, it’s a journey you don’t have to make alone.
What programs and services are available so you can stay in your own home longer? What should you look for in an adult lifestyle community? What’s a life lease? What makes one retirement home better than another? Is a reverse mortgage right for you? A Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) or Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) can help you navigate this unfamiliar terrain.
I’m both an SRES and ASA, so my job is to…
- keep up with the trends and characteristics of the age 50+ housing market
- know different types of housing available
- explain universal design and point out ways to adapt the home
- have a reliable and trusted support network
- act as facilitator to manage the entire move
- provide useful resources and information throughout the buying/selling process, and
- be familiar with local community resources.
I will listen carefully to your hopes and fears, answer your questions and help you determine your best choices. I’ll work with your family members where appropriate and refer you to my network of professionals for specialized services when you need financial planning, home renovation, staging, mortgage, home inspection or legal advice.
Our housing needs change at every stage of life. Ironically, at the time when it would be most helpful to have a simple, easy to understand game plan—after retirement—the options become the most complex and confusing.
Together, we’ll find the right options for you now…and establish a clear plan for the future.
Downsizing by Choice
“The most effective way to cope with change is to help create it.”
I have built a network of trusted professionals
What others say about their experience with Judy